Small Tech Station
This small modular open frame PC test bench accepts a bottom mounted power supply, two 3.5-inch hard drives (or four SSDs), and two 120×3 radiators.
The tech station pictured below is shown with optional end caps.
A PSU can be mounted anywhere along the entire back of the case (in any orientation).
Drives are mounted to the drive “rails” (slotted-extrusion) via rubber grommets.
An optical drive can be attached directly to the station via 90-degree angle brackets.
Four 3.5-inch or 5.25-inch devices can be mounted via an optional drive cage:
The drive cage can be re-assembled to hold 4x 3.5-inch drives.
The station can be transformed into box frame with the purchase of a few additional extrusions:
Multiple fans, pumps and radiators can be mounted almost everywhere on the station.
- Support for EATX, ATX (8 expansion cards), microATX and mini-ITX form factor motherboards.
- 15mm tall aluminum motherboard standoffs.
- Mount 4 fans or any combination of 1-3 radiators on/in the bottom and/or top tiers.
- Extra extrusions and fasteners are included to mount pumps, reservoirs, etc. almost anywhere on the station.
- Bottom mounted PSU (oriented vertically or horizontally).
- Drives mount to the drive rails via soft rubber grommets. pic
- Install two 3.5-inch drives and any combination of three 2.5/3.5-inch drives on the lower level slotted extrusions. Additional drives can be installed with optional drive cage.
- All aluminum construction.
- Stainless steel fasteners.
- Size: 16.125 x 16.125 x 16.125-inches (W x D x H)
- Stackable (with optional extra posts).
- Weight: 6 pounds 3 ounces.
- Shipping container: 18x18x9-inches, 8-pounds 13-ounces.
The tech station reviewed by Linus Tech Tips, was actually a tech tray with an optional lower-tier, more info about that is here.