Compact Tech Station
This compact modular tech station (test bench) has a bottom mounted power supply and can accommodate two 3.5-inch hard drives or four SSDs and one 120×2 or 120×3 radiator.
The tech station pictured below is shown with optional end caps.
A PSU can be mounted anywhere along the entire back of the case.
Drives are mounted to the drive “rails” (slotted-extrusion) via rubber grommets.
An optical drive can be attached directly to the station via 90-degree angle brackets.
Or, four 5.25-inch devices can be mounted via an optional drive cage:
Multiple fans, pumps and radiators can be mounted almost everywhere on the station. A 120×3 radiator can be mounted across the width of the case and a 120×2 across the depth.
The station can be transformed into box frame with the purchase of a few additional extrusions:
More space can be added by stacking a station onto an optional lower tier.
- Support for ATX (8 expansion cards), XL-ATX, EATX, microATX and mini-ITX form factor motherboards.
- 7/8-inch tall aluminum motherboard standoffs.
- Mount 3 fans or any combination of 1-3 radiators on/in the bottom and/or top tiers.
- Extra extrusions and fasteners are included to mount pumps, reservoirs, etc. anywhere on the station.
- Bottom mounted PSU (vertical or horizontal).
- Drives mount to the station via soft rubber grommets. pic
- Install two 3.5-inch drives and any combination of three 2.5/3.5-inch drives on the lower level t-slot extrusions. Install additional drives with optional drive rails.
- All aluminum construction.
- Stainless steel fasteners.
- Size: 16.25 x 13.375 x 14.5-inches (W x D x H)
- Stackable (with optional extra posts).
- Weight: 4 pounds 13 ounces.
- Shipping container: 18x18x9-inches, 8-pounds 9-ounces.
The tech station reviewed by Linus Tech Tips, was actually a tech tray with an optional lower-tier, more info about that is here.